We assist clients in transitioning to violence-free lives. When a woman and her children enter the shelter, we provide the basic necessities (made possible through community donations) to provide peace of mind in one aspect of her life.
All donations are sorted at the shelter by an amazing group of volunteers. We have a donation clothing room designated for all the women and children living at the shelter. Our clients have access to as much clothing as they need.
Donations are also sorted to support Nova Vita’s social enterprise, Closet Couture Boutique. The boutique sells new, and like-new, brand-name clothing, with 100% of the proceeds going back to support the shelter. For more information, or to find your next great outfit, visit www.closet-couture.ca.
Whether an item is being sold at Closet Couture Boutique, or utilized for a resident at Nova Vita, clothing is always selected with care so that women are able to wear these items with dignity and purpose.
Want to Donate Clothing to Nova Vita? We Can Accept:
- Items in new, or like-new, condition.
- Items that are in-season.
- All clothing sizes (including maternity) for women, children and teens.
- New underwear, bras, socks, and bathing suits.
- Fashion accessories like jewellery, purses, shoes, etc.
If you would still wear it or share it with a friend, we would love it! Thank you for donating your best for the women and children at Nova Vita.
Due to health and safety regulations and limited storage on-site, we are unable to accept donations of the following used items:
- Toys and Baby Toys
- Baby Equipment and Furniture
- Furniture and Mattresses
- Houseware Items and Small Appliances
- Undergarments (Underwear, Bras, Socks) and Bathing Suits
Houseware items and furniture may be donated to Society of Saint Vincent de Paul Brant, who directly support clients of Nova Vita transitioning to a life free from violence.
We sincerely appreciate all donations. At times, we receive more donations than we can safely store and always share with our community partners who may also have clients in need. Our partners include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Saint Vincent de Paul Brant
- Friendship House
- The Cancer Clinic
- Brant County SPCA
- The Kindness Centre (Freedom House)
- Youth Resource Centre
- St Leonard’s Employment Services
- Family and Children’s Services of Brant
- Woodview Mental Health & Autism Services