We assist clients in transitioning to violence-free lives. When a woman and her children enter the shelter, we provide the basic necessities (made possible through community donations) to provide peace of mind in one aspect of her life.
All donations are sorted at the shelter by an amazing group of volunteers. We have a donation clothing room designated for all the women and children living at the shelter. Our clients have access to as much clothing as they need.
Donations are also sorted to support Nova Vita’s social enterprise Closet Couture. The boutique sells previously loved clothing with all the proceeds going back to support the shelter. Please visit the website at www.closet-couture.ca.
Please consider the following when donating to Nova Vita:
Donations of Second-Hand Clothing, Footwear & Fashion Accessories
- We are always in need of clothing that is new or like-new, in-season, in all sizes, for women, children and teens (including teen boys).
- New underwear, bras, socks, and bathing suits
- “Like-New” and In-Season maternity wear, coats, pants, winter accessories, shirts, sweaters, dresses, footwear, jewellery, belts, fashion scarves, etc.
Linens and Such (new or like-new)
- Twin size bed linens and double size bed linens (fitted especially)
- Wash cloths and towels
- New Pillows
- HE Laundry Detergent
Second-Hand Donations that We Cannot Accept – due to health and safety regulations and/or limited storage, we are unable to accept donations of the following used items:
- Toys and Baby Toys
- Baby Equipment and Furniture
- Furniture and Mattresses
- Houseware Items and Small Appliances
If you have gently used baby equipment such as strollers, high chairs, toys and exersaucers we have a partnership with Peek a Boo It’s Almost New who will accept donations on behalf of Nova Vita and credit the Nova Vita account when the item sells. This partnership helps the moms living at the shelter who may not be able to afford such items to shop for the things they need for their children.
Houseware items and furniture may be donated to Society of Saint Vincent de Paul Brant, who directly support clients of Nova Vita transitioning to a life free from violence.
We sincerely appreciate all donations. At times, we receive more donations than we can safely store and always share with our community partners who may also have clients in need. Nothing goes to waste. Our partners include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Closet Couture Boutique
- Saint Vincent de Paul Brant
- Friendship House
- The Cancer Clinic
- Brant County SPCA
- The Kindness Centre (Freedom House)
- Youth Resource Centre
- St Leonard’s Employment Services
- Family and Children’s Services of Brant
- Woodview Mental Health & Autism Services