As we enter a long weekend and prepare for the province wide lockdown to slow the spread of COVID-19, the following is a list of how programs and services may be impacted at Nova Vita, effective Saturday April 3, 2021:
- 24 Hour Crisis and Support Line: Dial 519-752-HELP to receive immediate support and safety planning. This service is available to all members of our community. For those not able to safely place a call, you can text us at 519-754-5332 (text only line).
- Emergency Shelter: is open to provide safe shelter and essential support to women and children escaping violence and homelessness. Our safe intake room is available 24/7 for walk-in appointments for shelter services.
- Community Outreach, Intake, and other Support Services (including Women’s Community Counselling, Men’s Community Counseling/Challenge to Change, and Transitional Support Services): Emergency support is always available by calling 519-752-HELP, in-person meetings are limited, and our team will continue to offer phone and video counseling.
- Donations: At this time we are pausing our physical donations by appointment program. To find out how you can make a difference for women and families impacted by violence and homelessness in our community, please visit our website at www.novavita.org.
- Closet Couture Boutique: Our retail boutique, located at 415 Fairview Drive in Brantford, will remain open with increased health and safety measures that include active screening of all guests. Our online store and curbside pick-up remains operational as well. For more information, or to shop online, visit www.closet-couture.ca.
- Volunteer Program & Student Placements: Nova Vita is unable to have volunteer’s onsite for the duration of the lockdown and has postponed all student placements for the 2021 spring semester. We will continue to monitor this situation closely and follow the safety guidelines and framework provided by Ontario Ministry of Health. Please visit our website www.novavita.org and follow us on social media – @NovaVitaBrant – for future updates. Together we can stop the spread and keep our community safe.
For full media release, click here. For more information, please contact:
Anne Herbison-Ruddell, Community Development Manager
T: 519-752-1005 x228 | E: email@example.com
For more recent news from Nova Vita, visit our What’s New section.