We Are Open to Support Our Community
As the province eases COVID-19 restrictions in public spaces, at Nova Vita we are still required to follow elevated safety procedures currently in effect for congregate living settings. All staff, volunteers, and visitors are required to be screened prior to entry, must wear a mask (medical) indoors, practice safe physical distancing as much as possible, complete regular hand hygiene, and regular cleaning/disinfecting.
Our residential shelter is open and available to provide safe emergency shelter for women and their children and we continue to operate with enhanced COVID-19 precautionary procedures in place throughout all of our programs and services:
- 24 Hour Crisis & Support Phone & Text Line (519-752-HELP): always open
- 24 Hour Crisis and Support Web Chat: always open novavita.org/chat
- Emergency Shelter: open for current residents and new admissions
- Children’s Programs: open for current residents
- Transitional Support Program: open for outreach clients
- Community Counselling: open for outreach clients
- Challenge to Change (PAR): open for outreach clients via phone and Zoom
- Donations: physical donations open by appointment only
- Volunteer Program: open for current volunteers and recruiting new volunteers
- Closet Couture Boutique located at 415 Fairview Drive: open both online and in-store. For more information visit closet-couture.ca
Please visit Nova Vita’s website www.novavita.org and social media pages @NovaVitaBrant (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter) for further information and regular updates.
All media inquiries should be directed to Anne Ruddell, Community Development Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
How Can You Make a Difference For Nova Vita?
Our administration and community development offices are open and enhanced screening and COVID-19 protocols remain in place for staff, volunteers, clients, and essential visitors. Members of the community wishing to help are encouraged not to come onsite without a scheduled appointment to ensure that all of our essential programs and support services remain open and available to those in need.
There are still a number of ways you can help make a difference safely:
- Donate Online: The needs of our emergency shelter are constantly changing. Please consider donating to our More Than A Bed Program online HERE. Items that may be purchased include: tablets, new books, school support equipment, clothing in special sizing, formula, meals, etc.
- Shop Closet Couture Boutique: Our retail boutique, located at 415 Fairview Dr. in Brantford, is open daily Tuesday to Saturday with reduced capacity limits to ensure all guests can shop safely. Visit www.closet-couture.ca for current hours or to shop our online store.
- Sponsor & Participate in Nova Vita Special Events: Please visit HERE for more information on how you can make a difference.
We are grateful for the support of our caring community!