Last Updated: Tuesday November 23, 2021
The holiday season is upon us and while for many it is a joyous time of year, it is also a time filled with added stress and pressure. These pressures may be amplified by already intensified levels of violence in the home and in relationships that have escalated during the pandemic. Even during the holidays, Nova Vita continues to be a safe place to go for women and children escaping violence and homelessness, and offers outreach services available within the community to provide wraparound supports for everyone impacted by violence or homelessness.
ARE YOU IN NEED OF HELP?
- If you or a loved one are in need of help, please contact our 24/7 Crisis and Support Line. Dial 519-752-HELP to receive immediate support and safety planning. This service is available to all members of our community. For those note able to safely place a call, you can text us at 519-754-5332 (text only line).
- If you or a loved one wish to learn more about how we can safely support you within the community, please refer to the following menu of services for contact information and how we can help: WHAT WE DO.
DO YOU WANT TO HELP GIVE HOPE FOR THE HOLIDAYS?
Whether you wish to make a charitable gift, donate much needed gift cards, sponsor a family, support a 3rd Party Community Drive, or Shop at Closet Couture Boutique, each and every act of kindness will play an impactful and inspirational role not just for this holiday season but throughout the new year, and beyond.
There are the three ways you can help give HOPE this holiday season:
- Donate Gift Cards: When you donate gift cards you give the gift of independence, and empower our residential and outreach clients to purchase their most essential needs and fulfill their loved-ones wish lists. These gift cards are also available all year and are given to help support urgent needs and demands that come up with each client that comes to stay at Nova Vita and/or that utilize our services.
- Suggested Gift Cards in Values of $25, $50, $100: Giant Tiger, Walmart, Grocery Stores, Best Buy, Canadian Tire, Sport Chek, Indigo, Toys R Us, Amazon, Gas Stations, Local Eateries and Businesses.
- Individual gift cards can be mailed, delivered onsite to our mailbox or scheduled via email at email@example.com up until Tuesday December 21st.
- Make A Financial Donation: Making a financial donation towards our holiday program makes the greatest impact and allows us to fill gaps and last minute requests to ensure that all holiday and meal needs are met. You can donate online here, and select “Hope For The Holidays” from the drop-down menu.
- Sponsor A Family: This program is now full. Many thanks to our caring sponsors for working to bring the magic of the holidays to families we support in our community (updated November 23, 2021).
Opportunities to donate toys, gifts, and other physical items are now full for this year’s Hope For The Holidays campaign.
Due to limited storage and the number of clients we serve, we cannot accept additional physical donations that have not already been pre-arranged or scheduled. We invite you to support one of the following community partner drives happening in November and December:
- Rams of Ontario “Cram A Ram” Toy Drive: Saturday November 27 at Toys R Us Brantford. Download the Wish List.
- Brantford Police Service “Stuff a Cruiser” Wish List Drive: November 13, 20, 27 & December 4 at Walmart Brantford. Download the Wish List.
If you have purchased a gift or toy and cannot make it out to one of the drives listed above, please consider supporting one of our community partners:
You Can Also Support One of the Following Holiday Toy Drives in our Community:
- Giant Tiger Dec. 4 from 11am to 2pm (82 King George Rd, Brantford ON
- Toys R Us Dec.11 from 11am to 2pm (410 Fairview Drive, Unit c-1, Brantford ON)
- Sobey’s Shellard’s Lane – Toy Drive for the Salvation Army
- The Community Christmas Toy and Hamper program in Paris (accepting new toys, knitted mitts and hats)
- Drop off various locations In Paris: LCBO, YN Credit Union, TD Canada Trust, CIBC, The County of Brant Office (66 Grand River St N, Paris ON)
CONFIRMING YOUR GIFT OF HOPE WITH NOVA VITA
Our Hope For The Holiday team is busy working to connect the kindness of our community with the specific needs of the clients we serve. When planning your level of support please be mindful that safety and confidentiality is a top priority at our location and we cannot accept delivery of items without confirming an appointment with a member of our community development team. Here are some tips to help:
- We are currently experiencing a high demand for gift cards valued at $25, $50 and $100.
- Monetary donations can always be accepted online, via Canada Post or by contacting our community development team directly.
- Our Toy Shop and Essential Items Storage is almost at capacity. As a result, we are unable to accept physical donations without an appointment, and without arrangements being made in advance of November 23. If you have already purchased an item and cannot attend one of the community drives listed above, please consider supporting one of the partners listed above.
- Our clothing donation program is on pause to make room for the gifts of the season. We can only accept physical items that are new, in original packaging, safe (check expiry dates), and unwrapped.
- Last date we can accept items for Hope For The Holidays (Sponsor A Family or Gift Card options) is Tuesday December 21, 2021. The Administration and Community Development Office will be closed December 24 to January 3, 2022.
- Download our Hope For The Holidays PDF HERE.
For more information or to schedule your gift to bring comfort and joy this holiday season to women and families escaping violence and homelessness, please contact:
Anne Herbison-Ruddell, Community Development Manager
519-752-1005 x228 | firstname.lastname@example.org
We are grateful for the kindness of our community partners and wish you all a safe and healthy holiday season!